Buy The Cheapest Car Insurance For 17 Year Old Male & Female Drivers
It is possible to avoid spending any money on auto insurance for 17 year old male or female drivers if, as a parent, you get your teen’s name added to your existing car insurance policy. But such a proposition can hike your premium as young and new drivers are deemed to be highly risky to insure by insurers. An accident or collision can adversely affect your no claims bonus discount. So, a better way is to buy a separate coverage for your teen driver even if you own the vehicle.
However, not all companies could be willing to provide auto insurance for 17 year old drivers, only few may show interest. Finding car insurance providers that offer car coverage to 17 year olds can in itself be a challenging task especially if you decide to go about the task on your own. But if you seek help from experts, it will make your process hassle-free as companies which extend car covers work in tandem with auto insurance service providers. Aliasinsurance.com is one such company that can make your going easy.
Get Premium Discounts On Car Insurance For 17 Year Old Drivers
- Good Student Discount – Majority of the insurers will provide premium discount on car insurance for 17 year olds if they have consistently maintained good grades in their academics over the past 3 years with an average B grade or GPA of 3.0 or above. The discount could be in the range 20% to 25% depending on the insurer that you are trying to work with. Thus, the savings can be huge and so, check if your teen qualifies for such a monetary concession.
- Driver Education Discount – If your teen has successfully passed out a driver’s training course from some government approved institute, he/she could be entitled to get discount on premium. Even few insurers may offer such education courses for granting reduction in premium. This way you can expect to save between 5% and 15% extra money on your 17 year old driver’s car insurance policy.
- Distant Student Discount – If your children are going to a school or college which is located at a distance from your house and are living in hostel, they are less likely to use cars for daily transportation. It means they will be driving your vehicle less frequently and so, from insurers’ point of view the probability of their meeting with an accident is low. Consequently, most of the auto insurance companies will extend an extra discount on premium. But the distance between college/school and your home must be over 100 miles and your teen(s) must be less than 23 years old.
Tips For Finding The Best Car Insurance For 17 Year Old Boy Or Girl
- Drive An Old Used Vehicle – Old used cars could be much cheaper to insure as compared to brand new vehicles, luxury sedans or SUVs that are expensive. And if the vehicle is over 5 years old, you can even consider dropping expensive comprehensive and collision coverage features for bringing down the auto insurance premium costs.
- Ask About Premium Discounts – Although average car insurance for 17 year old female drivers may be less than that for male drivers, you can capitalize on various premium discounts, which insurers usually offers, to drivers who have good grades in their academics and drive cars with numerous safety features. You can check your eligibility.
- Maintain A Clean Driving Record – You can qualify for a special discount on premium if your teen has maintained a good driving history. One way to ensure that is to get enrolled for a training course to learn defensive driving techniques when on road. Such a move will invariably make your teen a responsible driver.
- Drive Less Number Of Miles Annually – Reduction in average car insurance cost for 17 year old male or female drivers is guaranteed if you indicate to insurers that your teen will be driving your vehicle occasionally or for transporting to college/high school and back home only. Insurers will extend an extra discount on car insurance premium.
- Shop And Compare Multiple Proposals –
Extensive shopping could be the key to finding the best auto insurance coverage for 17 year old drivers. By comparing numerous free quotes offered by several different top rated local insurers, you can identify the cheapest quote. But rather than price, you need to focus on ensuring adequate coverage levels.
Why Are Car Insurance Quotes For 17 Year Olds So Expensive?
The main reason why car insurance for 17 year old girl or boy is so expensive is that teens are perceived to be “high risk” drivers by insurers. Due to lack of driving experience, their probability of meeting with accidents or collisions is high. There may be a tendency to get indulged in reckless driving practices when on road and so, they are more likely to file claims later on. To compensate for the overall risks involved providing coverage, companies charge substantially high premiums. The average premiums offered for insuring 17 year old drivers during 2019 were around $5,429 which is much above the national average that is $ 1,548.
Besides, age is not the only factor which influences auto insurance rates. There are other factors like gender, exact residential location as well as the type, make and model of car that your teen is going to drive. But still, you can save precious dollars on your teen’s car coverage when there are various methods for ensuring cost reductions. A better idea is to seek help from a certified and experienced local agent or broker service. Such a prerogative may enable you to make an informed decision on your purchase.
Last but not the least, to secure the cheapest car insurance for 16 year old female or male drivers, you need shop extensively and compare free quotes offered by several different top rated local insurers. The task could be challenging, complicated and exhaustive but with our specialist help online; it will be easy and stress-free.
How Much Is The Cost Of Car Insurance For 17 Year Old Drivers?
If you buy car insurance for 17 year old pay monthly policy, it will be affordable and sustainable. But you need to make sure that the coverage which you purchase is fully compliant with the minimum requirements for liability cover for bodily injuries and property damages. At present, on an average, insurance costs for 17 year old car drivers are around $ 4,950. But in states such as California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Louisiana, Tennessee and Texas, the auto insurance rates provided to 17 year old drivers could be much higher.
At the same time, 17 year old driver’s auto insurance coverage could be the cheapest in states like Idaho, Iowa, Nebraska, North Carolina, Maine, Missouri and Vermont. And female teen drivers will be charged lower than male drivers as they are deemed to be more responsible on road. This fact is revealed by past studies in the subject. But for reducing your teen driver’s premium, you can select a policy with high deductible. To determine how much can be saved, talk to an expert today!
Here Are Important FAQs
You can reduce your car insurance for 17 year olds by following some simple tips.
1, try to get good grades in school.
2, take a defensive driving course.
3, drive a safer car.
4, don’t get speeding tickets or traffic violations. And
5, shop around and compare rates from different insurers.
In most states, 17 year olds are able to pay for car insurance monthly. The state in which you live may have different regulations, so it is important to check with your local DMV. You may also be able to find discounts or special programs for 17 year olds who pay for their car insurance monthly.
There are a few things you can do to get cheaper car insurance for 17 year olds. One is to compare rates from different insurers. Another is to see if you can get a discount for taking a defensive driving course. You might also be able to get a discount if your car has certain safety features.
About The Author
Andy Walker is a freelance content writer who specializes in writing for insurance and finance related niches. He has years of experience in this field and has written extensively on a variety of topics. Andy’s work is always highly polished and well-researched, ensuring that his clients are always happy with the results.