What Is 24 Hour Car Insurance?
24-hour car insurance is a type of short-term car insurance policy that provides coverage for a single day. Unlike standard car insurance policies that typically last for at least six months or a year, a 24-hour policy covers you just for a day. This can be super useful if you’re borrowing a friend’s car, using a rental for a day, or driving a newly purchased car home.
People generally use 24-hour car insurance in special circumstances where they only need coverage for a very short period. It’s important to note that not all insurance companies offer these one-day policies, and those that do often have specific rules and may require payment upfront.
So, if you find yourself needing car insurance just for a day, a 24-hour car insurance policy could be a good fit. Just make sure to read the fine print and understand what you’re getting before you buy it.
When Is 24 Hour Car Insurance Most Useful
The 24-hour coverage can be useful for your car in the following circumstances and scenarios:
- Brand New Car – When you have readily purchased a new vehicle but are still unsure about the type of coverage you should buy, this short term car insurance can help you become legally eligible to drive your car on the roads until you finalize and get the necessary coverage that suits your needs.
- Borrowing a Vehicle – If you happen to borrow someone else’s vehicle for a short period of time and want to maintain the case where you do not cause damage to it then getting 24-hour auto insurance can help you use the vehicle with ease of mind. It will also help to avoid any charges in cases of accidents should there occur any while you’re in the possession of the said car.
- Renting a Vehicle – The 24hr auto insurance is perhaps the most ideal plan for you to ensure coverage for your vehicle when you are renting a vehicle. Such situations can occur either during holidays or when you’re visiting another city or state and want to have a convenient option of mobility. A rental company can also offer you such type of car insurance at the time of providing you the car.
24 Hour Auto Insurance And Regular Car Insurance Differences
A car insurance coverage for 24 hours is a type of short-term insurance for your car which serves to protect you and the vehicle for a definite period of time. Unlike what is required to pay in bi-annual or annually covered car insurance policies, the net payable sum is significantly lesser in this type of insurance while offering nearly similar protection coverage.
- Types Of Short-Term Car Insurance Coverage : The only crucial difference that exists between a standard and a 24-hour auto insurance policy is limited to the duration of their validity. Otherwise, both types of insurance plans offer similar coverage that can help drivers obtain the type of protection that they may require.
- Salient Benefits Of 24 Hour Insurance Cover : The primary benefit of obtaining such coverage is that it begins right from the moment you make the payment which thereon helps with making you eligible for legally driving the respective vehicle that you may pick. The coverage may also extend to any vehicle that you may rent or borrow and the cost of such insurance coverage per day is usually as low as $10 per day.
- Picking Ideal 24 Hour Insurance Coverage :You are only provided two options by a 24 hour car insurance company to get either the liability-only coverage or the comprehensive coverage that also covers cases of collision. The latter type also covers auto repairs to third parties, property damage, personal injury, theft, etc, whereas the former will only cover for the driver and the vehicle. Therefore it will be beneficial to get comprehensive coverage to later prevent the scene of paying out of pocket for any incidents.
Eligibility To Get 24 Hour Online Car Insurance
A standard car insurance policy is valid for a longer time as opposed to this type of short-term auto insurance plan. This makes it risky for insurance companies to provide such coverage to drivers under the age of 24 in normal cases. Some companies may also waive off any such requirement but that too depends on various individual factors that collectively form the profile of the driver.
After considering all the factors such as the state laws, past driving record, and so on, if the driver isn’t found to be placed under the high-risk category, he or she may then be eligible to have 24 hour car insurance for new drivers.
Additionally, if you do not get the required coverage from a particular auto insurance company based on your risk factor, you should continue seeking it all the same from other companies as they each have different parameters of calculating the risk and the cost.
What Are The Benefits Of Temporary Car Insurance For 24 Hour?
A 24 hour insurance is a temporary coverage but can prove to be of immense help when you drive a borrowed or leased vehicle. The two major benefits of buying this type of insurance could be as mentioned below:
- No effect on no claims bonus – Claims filed under a standalone 24 hour auto insurance policy will not have any impact on the no claims discount or bonus of the car owner’s insurance cover.
- No adjustment on annual policy – Getting name of an extra driver temporarily on a car’s existing policy can be difficult. With 24 hour auto insurance, there is no need.
How Much Does Single Day Or 24 Hour Car Insurance Cost?
Our experts have estimated the average cost of 24 hour auto insurance policies and it works out to be just $10 per day. Nevertheless, at an individual level, the premium may vary depending on a driver’s age, gender, marital status, education, credit history, past driving record and the type as well as make of owned or rented vehicle that is to be insured. Besides, car insurance cost might also vary by coverage levels being sought and the company with which you are working. And every state has unique auto insurance coverage requirements meaning thereby that the cost will vary state wise.
Still, buying a 24 hour car insurance policy for a single day could be one of your cheapest options if you are required to borrow a vehicle from your friend, relative and even acquaintance or get one on lease or rent from a rental company. However, teen or young drivers below 21 may not be eligible to purchase such one day auto insurance covers. And some companies might altogether deny 24 hours vehicle insurance to drivers below 25. So, before you are out to research your alternatives, it makes sense to determine your eligibility to get single day auto insurance.
How To Get Car Insurance For 24 Hour?
To start off, you should first make yourself familiar with the policy including its eligibility, cost of premium, validity, coverage options, and excluded penalties. Once you’ve successfully learned this set of information, you can seek quotes on various websites of 24 hour auto insurance companies by filling in similar details on each regarding the coverage you may need, validity, etc to ideally get competitive quotes.
You may also contact any local car insurance agents, specialists, or organizations that can help you find and or provide ideal coverage options for your vehicle that match your desired needs. These entities apart from online searches can also allow you to pick discounts that you can use to further lower the total cost of 24 Hour Car Insurance coverage.
It is also noteworthy to add that after you have thoroughly analyzed and then found the correct option that suits your preferences and requirements, you should ideally purchase it to begin your car insurance coverage and while you’re at it, do painstakingly collect any and all the proof of payment and policy certificate from the insurer to be on the safe side.
Save Money On 24 Hour Car Insurance
First off, you should never instantly purchase any cheap car insurance for 24 hour without learning about all of its conditions and the added specific exclusions, there will definitely be some, look for them. This can become easier if you instead search quotes for the same online because the results often tend to highlight important key points apart from depicting competitive rates.
It is also useful to compare the 24 hr car insurance quotes you may obtain with what is usually paid for a day in monthly standard car insurance plans that also offer similar coverage. This can better help you recognize deals that may or may not be beneficial to your needs.
Lastly, it is important to also know that the rates you may obtain are significantly dependent on the basis of your age, gender, the model of the car you may drive, your driving record, and so on which qualifies for calculating your risk factor.
Here Are 5 Important FAQs
Yes, you can get 24 hr car insurance from us. We specializes in providing 24 hour online car insurance to drivers in the USA. We understand that accidents can happen at any time and that it is important to be protected. We offer a variety of plans to choose from and can work with you to find the best coverage for your needs.
24 hour insurance costs between $2.50 and $12.00 a day. Its vary by state, age, and gender. You should get a quote from us so you can find out your best rate.
24-hour car insurance covers more than just the vehicle. It covers property in the vehicle, medical coverage if someone is injured in your car and other coverage options.
About The Author
Andy Walker is a freelance content writer who specializes in writing for insurance and finance related niches. He has years of experience in this field and has written extensively on a variety of topics. Andy’s work is always highly polished and well-researched, ensuring that his clients are always happy with the results.