Why Do You Need To Buy Rental Car Insurance Policy?
It is always tempting to not get rental car insurance offered by the rental car company. But, it is always advised to have some rental car insurance before you drive a rental car on the road. It is also true that getting rental car insurance from a rental car company is not necessary. If you own a car, the insurance policy of your car can be extended to your rental car.
Moreover, you can also have coverage using your credit card, thus, can result in reducing the car insurance offered at the counter and you can also save money. There are different ways that can help you save money and can also help you in making an informed decision.
The rental car companies provide rental car insurance through LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) or CDW (Collision Damage Waiver). It covers you if the rental car gets damaged in an accident or stolen or vandalized in any way. With this, the rental Car Company will not chase you for any kind of repair and loss.
Types of coverage options when you opt for rental car insurance buy
When it comes to vacation or spending holidays at some amazing location, many people opt to have a rental car for their journey. But, there is one question that always comes into their mind: do they need to buy extra insurance coverage?
If we talk about this point in general, your car insurance policy will cover you if you opt for a rental car to drive legally on the road. But, it is recommended to consult with your car insurance company for this, before you go for picking up your rental car.
It is always a good idea to know about rental car insurance coverage options before getting a rental car. Coverage options offered by several companies include:
- CDW/LDW - This coverage option covers damage, loss or theft to the rental car. If you do not have a comprehensive or collision coverage on your car insurance policy, you may require this type of coverage.
- Liability insurance - This type of coverage option is not necessary if your car insurance policy is offering suitable liability coverage.
- Personal accident insurance - This coverage option not only covers your medical bills but of the passengers as well for the injuries as a result of the collision.
- Personal effects coverage - This coverage option covers the theft or loss of your persona item from the car.
Reasons To Buy Rental Car Insurance
- You must know that getting a personal car insurance policy can be expensive than buying rental car insurance, all due to the deductible. If you go for rental car insurance, its daily cost will be less costly as compared to this deductible. Thus, gives you peace of mind.
- Do you know that your car insurance does not cover the cost of damage to a rental car, which is also known as ‘loss of use’? So, in this case, you need to get rental car insurance to cover such damages.
- If you rely on your personal car insurance to cover your rental car, there are chances to get it increased afterward. While in certain cases, buying rental car insurance from the rental car company never increases so far.
- Most of the travelers think that if they have a car insurance policy and a credit card offering rental car coverage, they are covered with the damage/loss resulting from a collision. Unfortunately, this is not the case at all.
- You must also know that most of the business travelers are covered by their personal car insurance policy depending on certain situations. So, it is better to get rental car insurance at the beginning of your trip.
It is always better to keep yourself safe and covered with the right car insurance policy for your rental car. Alias Insurance can help you get the rental car insurance cheap policy to have an enjoyable journey with great peace of mind.