What Is Temporary Car Insurance?
As you can read from the name, temporary car insurance is the type of insurance that will cover your car for 2 days to 28 days on a temporary basis. It is normally used by drivers who don’t own the car they are driving.
It is also similar to the long-term insurance plans except it is used only for a temporary basis. Cheap temporary auto insurance comes with two costs; first is the deductible amount that you have to pay in the event of an accident before your insurance covers your costs and the second one is the premium you pay during a day or week to sustain your coverage.
Now, you have the basic idea of this temporary car insurance and how many types of costs are there present in the insurance. So, let’s see who can use this insurance and who might get benefited from this insurance.
Who Should Buy Temporary Car Insurance Policy?
- Young Drivers : If you are someone who is just starting your journey into the driving world then temporary car insurance for young drivers is the best in the market. If you are at home on vacation and want to drive your car to commute and to enjoy driving in free time, you can opt for this insurance policy.
- Driveaway Insurance : If you are looking to buy a car but you want to test drive a car, then you should cover it with this insurance as it will cover you during your test drive period. Also, if you have bought a car and can’t set a long-term insurance plan, then you should buy this temporary insurance.
- Car Fanatics : There are people who just buy a car for its style and to show off and they do not drive them often, using it as their second vehicle. Well, don’t go for long-term insurance plans and they should opt for this short-term temporary insurance to cover their amazing sports car you only used during weekends.
- One Day Insurance : In the event of an emergency, you’ll have to use your car but avoid using it if you don’t have any insurance coverage. Then what will you do? Simple, go for this short-term one-day insurance plan and use your car without any worry.
- Learning Drivers : If you are learning how to drive and you don’t use it without lessons sessions, then avoid going for long-term costly insurance plans and choose this cheap temporary car insurance for new drivers.
When You’ll Need Instant Temporary Car Insurance Coverage?
- Adding A New Driver Temporarily – If your friend has come to your home for vacation and he is going to drive your car, then you should ask your insurer about the temporary car insurance and add them in your list to secure them from any authority problem.
- Placing A Car In A Storage – If you are planning to store your car in storage for a few months and don’t know when you will be driving that car again then temporary insurance is the best bet for you. Even if you’re not driving it, there is the risk of theft and damage and comprehension will cover you.
- Choosing To Drive A Rental Car – When you go on a vacation and get a car rented then you should consider buying temporary insurance to protect you in accidents and cover your car for damage cost and other liabilities. These insurance policies are cheap and you can customize them as per your requirements.
- To Safeguard Your Car Against Claims And Risks – A Young and inexperienced driver means you have chances of getting into accidents and claiming your high-premium insurance. To make it safe from that, people buy temporary insurance policies.
Best Alternative To Buy Temporary Car Insurance - You Must Think Of
- Add a Driver to your Existing policy : If you are going to drive your friend’s car or relative’s car for only short-term, then you should ask them to include you in their existing policy rather than to buy a new one as it will cost you less money and you can get your car secured easily.
- Pay Monthly Premiums : By choosing this option, you are making sure that whenever you want to discontinue your insurance plan, you can do it seamlessly. To eliminate cancellation charges, choose a plan with no cancellation charges to save some extra on your policy.
- Choose pay-as-you-drive Insurance : this is a type of insurance where you pay for your premiums according to how much miles you drive. If you drive less then you have to pay less and if you drive more you have to pay more, it is as simple as that it is considered as the best alternative of temporary insurance.
- Rent a Car and use their Insurance : it may sound expensive but renting a car comes with Rental Company’s insurance and you don’t have to waste money on buying insurance out of your pocket. If you buy insurance from the company itself then they will give you the discount to compliment your rent.
How To Get Temporary Auto Insurance Easily?
Now, you have known all the details and it fulfills all of your requirements, then it is time to get the temporary insurance. Moreover, it’s quite easy to buy as all you need to find the cheapest temporary car insurance quotes and compare them.
You need this type of insurance because you don’t have enough time to arrange for long-term insurance and need something quick and cheap that can benefit you for a period of time. You can add a driver or a car to your existing policy and get it covered for the short-term.
The other method is to find temporary car insurance quotes online as you will find many options around you. Compare them and choose the best one that not only fulfills your requirements but also saves you a big load of money.
You’ll get full coverage of the comprehensive type of insurance, providing you with a high level of security other than just third-party insurance coverage. It is very easy to get this type of insurance online as you just have to provide some details like your car model, driving history, credit history and you can get quotes quickly over the phone without any hassle.
In order to buy the best temporary insurance cover, you need to have prior knowledge and know what you need from your insurance plan. If you are looking for something short-term and cheap, then you should definitely go for this type of insurance. The foremost and important rule is to compare your quotes as they will give you the perfect idea about the market. If you have a question like where can I get temporary car insurance, just let us know as our experts are on their toes to guide you to get the best offer for you and save your money.
About The Author
Andy Walker is a freelance content writer who specializes in writing for insurance and finance related niches. He has years of experience in this field and has written extensively on a variety of topics. Andy’s work is always highly polished and well-researched, ensuring that his clients are always happy with the results.