Get Help Online To Locate The Best Cheap Car Insurance For Disabled Drivers
If you are in search of affordable auto insurance for disabled drivers then you are at the right place. We can help you in locating top rated companies online that offer hugely discounted car insurance packages to physically handicapped drivers that include normal citizens and veterans. You can apply for free quotes if you are:
- An amputee or paraplegic
- Suffering from cerebral palsy
- A patient of epilepsy
- Deaf and dumb
- Having neurological conditions/mental illness
- Already suffered from a stroke or currently in wheelchair
Just because you have some sort of physical disability, it doesn’t mean that you are likely to meet with an accident while driving a car. However, some peculiar medical conditions do require driving certifications from competent medical authorities.
If you are disabled or having some serious pre-existing medical condition then you can consult your doctor to know whether your physical disability will affect your chances of driving a vehicle. Such a move will enable you in ensuring safety of other drivers as well as pedestrians on road when driving your car. It will also help you in identifying potential coverage risks which impact premiums charged by insurers.
What Types Of Coverage To Look For In Your Disabled Car Insurance Quotes?
- Personal liability cover – Pays costs for medical treatments of bodily injuries caused to other persons or drivers due to accident involving the insured vehicle.
- Comprehensive and collision covers – Pay expenses for damages caused to insured car as a result of an accident or because of some falling objects due to bad weather conditions or animal hit to car.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Medical Payments (MedPay) cover – Pay treatment costs for driver of insured car and fellow passengers inside the vehicle at the time of an accident.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist covers – Pay expenses for medical treatments of bodily injuries and car damages suffered by uninsured and underinsured motorists in an accident involving the insured car.
- Roadside assistance coverage – Provides reimbursement of towing charges for pick-up vehicles if insured car breaks down on the roadside or meets with an accident.
- . Adaption/Special equipment coverage – Offers reimbursement of expenses for replaced or custom parts like special mirrors, walker or wheelchair ramps of insured car. You will have to make sure that all these things are covered under your auto insurance policy.
- Mobility vehicle insurance coverage – This feature will pay costs for hiring rental car on temporary basis if your vehicle needs urgent repair or maintenance services post breakdown or accident.
How Exactly Does A Disabled Car Insurance Policy Differ From Normal Cover?
Learn How To Get A Car Insurance Discount For Handicapped Driver Package
- Inquire about premium discounts – Companies may offer auto insurance discounts for disabled drivers. You can ask whether you are eligible to receive such concessions that go a long way in reducing premium. Good driver discount, discount for driving safer car and low mileage discount might be extended by insurers.
- Opt for buying a usage based policy – If you buy a telematics or usage based car insurance cover then you can obtain a special premium discount. Insurer will install a “black box” type device for monitoring actual number of miles driven once you indicate in your application that you will be driving less number of miles throughout the year.
- Be an excluded driver on the car policy – In case, you own a car but aren’t going to drive it yourself then you can stay as an excluded driver on the policy. You can nominate someone else’s name as the primary driver provided he/she has a valid driver’s license.
Explore Your Options For Buying A Cheap Disability Car Insurance Cover Now
- Third party auto insurance – Provides financial protection to you when your car meets with an accident and causes damages to other persons’ car(s) or property. But it doesn’t protect you or your car for damages that are likely to be suffered because of accident.
- Third party, fire and theft – Offers financial protection to your car if it gets damaged due to fire, riots or vandalism or gets stolen.
- Full or comprehensive cover – A full or comprehensive coverage policy will cover all the above events and might even grant total financial protection to your car for any damages during the entire term of coverage. Usually, this is considered to be the best as well as the cheapest alternative for drivers with disabilities.
List Of Some Extras That Can Be Added On Car Insurance For Disabled Person
- Legal costs – Get paid for legal fees which you might have to bear in the aftermath of an accident for settling a claim.
- Breakdown – Covers costs for towing charges if your vehicle breaks down on the roadside and needs to be towed to nearby garage.
- Rental vehicle – Pays costs for hiring car on rent from a rental company or getting a replacement car for short term time period if your car needs repair or replacement of parts in some nearby garage post breakdown.
- Driving abroad – You can even insure your vehicle if you are planning to take it abroad provided you have the necessary permission to drive it in the country that you are thinking of visiting.
- Personal accident – Coverage of this type will pay costs for treatment of bodily injuries caused to you or your family members in the event of death. The payout could depend on extent and type of injuries that you suffered.
- Lost car keys cover – Pays costs for replacement of car keys if they are lost for whatsoever reasons.
- Wrong fuel coverage – Pays costs for repair in case car engine gets damaged because of using undesirable fuel.
- Other accessories cover – Pays costs for repair/replacement of all insurable accessories in car.
- Other car modifications – Provides financial protection for modifications like engine upgrades, paintwork, body parts, etc.
Here Are Important FAQs
No, you may not be automatically entitled to get discounts on premium even if you have maintained good driving record in the past. Although car insurance providers use age and occupation as factors for calculating premiums, insurers may or not offer premium discounts on auto insurance coverage. It will all depend on the coverage risks which insurers perceive with individual drivers. So, if you are currently on social security, you too could be able to qualify for discounts on your auto insurance premium. However, if you are above 65, your body reflexes may not be as good as they were when you were young. Insurers will consider all such things for assessing coverage risks.
No, it is unlikely that standard car insurance companies will provide any discounts on premium to drivers that have body disabilities. But there is a probability that some global affiliated programs or non-profit (charity) insurance providers might extend premium discounts to drivers with disabilities. You will have to check that out whether in your state there are any such organizations which offer concessions on auto insurance for disabled drivers even if the proposition is remote. A better idea is to consult a competent local insurance advisor who can guide you through the process of insuring your vehicle and enable you to make an informed decision on your car insurance purchase.
Even if the ADA rules and regulations prohibit insurers from using driver disability as a rating factor, most of the auto insurance providers still perceive body disability to be an important parameter for assessing coverage risks and calculating premiums. This is because Insurers want to mitigate their financial risks before providing coverage for cars. From insurers’ point of view, it is vital that a driver has total control over his/her body’s motor functions. A driver that has impaired or partial vision is a potentially risky proposition to insure as his/her chances of meeting with an accident are much greater. To compensate for this risk, insurer will charge much higher premium.
A driver’s income is not a factor which impacts the auto insurance premium calculation exercise. Car insurance companies don’t use driver incomes as a risk rating factor while calculating premiums. But in some states, financial assistance programs are being provided to drivers with lower family income. Check out if any such program is available for low income drivers and alternatively, you can also explore the possibility of buying a Telematics or Black Box auto insurance policy if you are going to drive your vehicle for fewer miles during the entire year. In any case, extensive shopping and comparison of multiple free quotes provided by several top insurers can enable you to save lot of money.
About The Author
Andy Walker is a freelance content writer who specializes in writing for insurance and finance related niches. He has years of experience in this field and has written extensively on a variety of topics. Andy’s work is always highly polished and well-researched, ensuring that his clients are always happy with the results.